6 Savannah St. Patrick’s Day Events You Didn’t Know About
Attending the annual St. Patrick’s Day parade isn’t the only way you can celebrate the holiday! Savannah‘s Irish community is thriving, and we’ve got the events to prove it. If you want to honor St. Patrick’s Day in more ways than one, attend any of these festive events.
Kick off Savannah‘s St. Patrick’s Day celebrations with the annual greening of the Forsyth Park fountain. Each year, the fountain’s clear waters are transformed to a sparkling emerald green, marking the start of the celebrations to come.
Head to Tybee Island for a coastal St. Patrick’s Day celebration one week before Savannah‘s parade. Celebrate Irish Heritage on Tybee Island‘s beach while watching floats and marching bands. Tybee Islandis Savannah‘s beach, located only 20 minutes from the Historic District.
At this event, Savannah‘s Irish American community will come together to celebrate and honor their heritage. The day starts with a traditional pre-ceremony mass at the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist. After mass, attendees will make their way to Emmet Park‘s Celtic cross statue where members of the community will speak out about their Irish heritage.
This family-oriented celebration is one not to be missed! Tara Feisis packed with live performances, Irish step dancers, bagpipes and traditional Irish music. Attendees can experience Irish heritage through food, art activities, crafts and games. The event is a free, non-alcoholic event geared towards families and children.
WHEN: March 11 at 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. WHERE: Emmet Park
This historical event memorializes Revolutionary War hero Sgt. William Jasper. The event takes place at Madison Square, home to a monument honoring Jasper and the Savannah military unit named in his honor, The Irish Jasper Greens. The Jasper Green Ceremony honors all U.S. military, past and present, of Irish descent.
St. Patrick’s Day is a celebration of floats, bagpipes and all things green, but it is also a religious celebration of Saint Patrick, the foremost patron saint of Ireland. The morning of the parade, a full St. Patrick’s Day mass will take place at the historic Cathedral of St. John the Baptist.
Feb. 01, 2017 | By Larissa AllenTop 9 Events to Attend this February i
"I moved to SAV from my native Spain and I was in my house for 18 months before my company moved me out of the State. I needed an excellent Real Estate professional willing to do a long distance partnership with me. I discovered the BEST, Mr. David Rotundo, these are the reasons:
1. Mr. Rotundo has profound knowledge of the area around SAV.
2. Mr. Rotundo is Honest; he told me like it was, always truthful.
3. Hardworking, Mr. Rotundo is being tireless, he worked in the sale of my house nonstop,
4. Tenacity, like no other. Mr. Rotundo followed up quickly after every time the home was shown. Great weekly showings reports, from other agents as well as from Real State computer apps.
5. Mr. Rotundo is Type A yet very respectful attitude. Mr. Rotundo is not afraid to speak up. He worked VERY hard to put my home in the front position of the local market.
6. Mr. Rotundo is organized, works with attention to detail, and has great knowledge of technology. Photographs, calls, e-mails, texts, appointments, proposals-contra proposals, contracts, inspections… everything was done timely, even when I was 5000 miles away.
If you need an excellent Realtor, I recommend Mr. David Rotundo without any reservation. "