As the days grow chillier, rodents have even more reason to try to move into your home. They don't just gnaw holes into walls and floors and destroy wiring, they can also bring in germs and disease. Follow these tips to help keep them out.
1. Prevention is the best defense. Don't keep favorite rodent hangouts like trash cans, firewood and piles of junk close to your home.
2. Fill the gaps. Find out where the buggers have been getting in and stuff the holes with steel wool or aluminum foil – both stand up against mouse teeth. Make sure to seal up both the inside and outside of your home.
3. Someone "hoo" can helpPut up an owl box in your yard to attract owls, who snack on mice.
4. Use Scent. Certain smells convince critters you have an army of predators guarding your house. Try sprinkling ammonia (smells like predator urine), used kitty litter or snake poop. (Yes, you can buy Python Poo online for $15) around your yard.
5. Minty fresh defense. Douse cotton balls with 100 percent peppermint oil and put them in the back of cabinets, behind the fridge and other places mice hang out. Replace the cotton balls at least once a month.
6. Dryer sheets. Mice loathe the smell of fabric softener sheets. Leave one or two in their favorite spots.
7. Adopt a hunter. Your local animal shelter is sure to have a cat who would help with critter removal in exchange for a good home.
8. Ultrasonic power. Ultrasonic rodent repellers drive mice away with sound waves. The sound bothers cats and dogs, too, so don't use them if you have furry family members.
Ready to market your home now that the mice are gone? An experienced RE/MAX agent can help.
Author:Alicia Howe Phone: 912-272-8183 Dated: February 8th 2017 Views: 57 About Alicia: ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
Feb. 01, 2017 | By Larissa AllenTop 9 Events to Attend this February i
"Working with Dave was such an amazing experience! Any time of the day, he was there to answer any questions we had. Even when we moved away and left the house for him to sell, he constantly checked on it and gave us updates- even though the house was about 45 minutes out of his region. Choosing Dave as your realtor, you will get the nicest, most passionate, hard working man in town! I would recommend him to everyone"